A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to capture the most exquisite coastal living experience on the market! You will marvel at the architectural detail and craftsmanship of this pristine Bayfront masterpiece. 2646 Sunset Lane is the grand finale spec home built by Barney Construction. Engineered to withstand nautical winds; designed to resist corrosive salty ocean air; and immersed with impeccable touches throughout – you will be the first to enjoy the serenity, which this brand new 2,955 sf environment evokes. Positioned at the center of Sunset Dunes – a private gated beach community of 6 high quality homes; each with a complimentary “coastal-contemporary” aesthetic. Constructed on 10 foot concrete pillars and ground level garages, to create the neighborhood’s trademark “loft living” spaces above; capturing breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and Willapa Bay.
Inside the main upper living space, a gourmet designer kitchen is the heart of the home – including high-end chef’s appliances, a commercial range and hood fan, custom cherry and maple cabinetry w/ fully extendable “telescoping” roll-out shelving and soft close drawers, a handmade tile and tumbled marble range hood + backsplash, commercial sized granite countertop and eat-in bar, gorgeous chandeliers and wall sconces by Cyan Design of Texas; seemingly endless options and surprises await – like a laundry room, revealing all the glam found in the rest of the home! All 3 upper bedrooms have their own full luxury bathroom and walk-in closets, with a gorgeous master-suite fit for royalty! The entire living area is surrounded by oversized Milgard windows, framing the majestic daytime views. At night, premium indoor/outdoor lighting controls allow the ambiance of each space to be adjusted for any mood.
A lower level guest suite/apartment accommodates an entire separate living quarters, with a bonus room furnished with an antique wicker armoire and built-in cabinetry. A gorgeous bathroom with Quorum International vanity light above the framed beveled mirror, honed granite countertop, marble backsplash + a Whirlpool stacked washer/dryer for your guests. The remarkable full kitchen features a Kitchen Aid Duel Fuel Range + Microwave and a Fisher & Paykel, 2-drawer dishwasher; All accented by granite countertops, marble backsplash and a Toltec hand blown (Raspberry Crystal) glass lighting fixture over a Blanco sink. Rounding out the space is the combined dining/living area with a stunning Vermont Castings gas fireplace + access to an outdoor covered patio w/ propane hookup!
The heated 816 SF 2-car garage cannot be overstated; beautiful exposed post and beams, insulated, sheet rocked, taped textured and painted walls, storage nook, clean and accessible furnace/water heater/electrical panel wired for heat pump and generator, ample lighting and polished concrete floors – setting the tone as you pull in to your wonderful place of retreat.
Outside, you’re greeted by a grand wood staircase structure that’s a true architectural work of art! Supported by 12X12 posts, thick cut steps, covered by a terraced-roof design and dressed up with the most unique outdoor wood chandelier! The entry stairway delivers you to a stunning glassed-in entry porch; a 360 degree wrap around deck + 2 covered and beautifully lighted outdoor living spaces lined with glass panel railings for cozy evenings watching the sunsets. Below, you’ll find 2 additional huge covered spaces, both with gas hookups; one side for cooking your catch of the day/entertaining and the other for parking your cars and toys.
A private trail at the property edge leads to an unrivaled natural setting; with 5+ miles of sandy dunes and secluded beach on the Tokeland spit. The calm jetty inlet rises and retreats with the tides, inviting an abundance of wildlife to inhabit; birds, deer, Dungeness crab, razor clams, King salmon and huge perch all converge for you to observe or harvest. Miles of pristine sand lay the canvas for a secluded haven for outdoor activities. Venture to the end of the sandbar, where beach combing treasures wash ashore for the picking. Neighborhood residents and guests also garner a private pathway for all-terrain vehicles to explore a section of beach inaccessible by public entry.
From the overbuilt structure with premium materials to custom finishes and fixtures (Rohl, Grohe, Kohler, American Standard….), 1-piece toilets to 3/4 inch hardwood floors, marble and travertine bathroom floors to ogee edges on granite countertops and handmade tiles… 2646 Sunset Lane is one of a kind; last of its kind; and cannot be replicated!
Materials, Fixtures and Features:
- Two Gourmet Kitchens w/ Hi-End Chef appliances & commercial range hood fan (main kitchen)
- En suite bathrooms in every bedroom
- Fisher Paykel, DCS Series – gas range (main kitchen) & dishwasher (lower guest suite)
- Kitchen Aid – refrigerator, self cleaning convection oven & dishwasher (main kitchen)
- GE – Microwave (main kitchen)
- Amana – Refrigerator & Whirlpool stacked W/D (lower guest suite)
- Gerber, American Standard & Kohler – Bathroom sinks & 1-piece toilets
- Rohl, Grohe & Kohler – Faucets
- Blanco – Kitchen & laundry sinks (main & lower)
- Custom designed cherry/maplewood cabinets & finishes in all spaces
- Premium fully extended/soft close drawers & roll out storage shelves in all cabinets
- Solid brass door levers w/ oil rubbed bronze finish by Emtec (rust resistant)
- Solid brass & bronze cabinet knobs & pulls by Emtec
- Chandeliers/wall sconces by Cyan Design, Texas & Quorum International
- Hand-picked high-end granite on all countertops w/ marble backsplashes
- Custom designed kitchen range hood, kitchen & laundry backsplash made w/ handmade tile by Tanya Huuska, Brittany & Coggs, Dover, NH
- Hearthstone wood stove fireplace w/ soapstone interior (main living area)
- (2) Vermont Castings gas fireplaces (main master suite & lower living suite)
- Utility room equipped w/ plentiful cabinetry, utility sink & W/D drain pan
- Solid ¾ inch wood floors (main living area)
- Main living bathroom floors – marble & travertine
- Powder room – marble counter/travertine sink
- Trim – VG fir interior w/hemlock extension jambs
- Windows – Milgard fiberglass exterior w/ crank outs & screens
- Interior Doors – solid core VG Fir 4-raised panel
- Entry Door – Simpson Fir solid-core leaded glass
- Exterior Lights – Maris Lighting; Solid Brass w/ Aged Acid Verde finish & Seedy glass
- 816 sf garage; insulated, sheet rocked, textured & painted (easily converted to living area)
- 360 degree wrap around Moisture Shield deck
- Shared Artesian well drilled to a depth of 284 ft. producing premium water quality
- 125’ setback from the driftwood line (current laws require 200’)
- Overbuilt compared to standard building codes
The perfect alternative to a busy touristy beach town – The quaint, laid-back Sunset Dunes neighborhood offers room to retreat and delivers direct “front yard” access to a beach experience that’s worlds away from anything you’ve experienced.
- Fishing & Crabbing from the beach in front (Perch/Salmon & Dungeness Crab)
- Razor & steamer clam digging (Steamers from beach in front, Razor 5 minute drive)
- Nearby hunting
- Whale watching, bird watching & other wildlife observing
- Windsurfing, surfing, canoeing, kayaking, sailing & motor boating
- Charter boat fishing
- Beach combing & art galleries
- Indoor/outdoor storage for toys & recreation equipment
- Vibrant artist community (renowned international figures)
- Many nearby local shops & restaurants
Tokeland is affectionately called “The Banana Belt” and the “Palm Springs of the Pacific Northwest” by locals because of its extended number of sunny days. Characterized by the commercial and recreational fishing docks, the small community reminds you of simpler times; with an annual community parade, fishing derby, and a collection of world renowned art on display. Plenty of dining/entertainment options are just a short walk or drive away.
Local Areas & Events:
- Tokeland/Willapa Bay, one of the most pristine bays in the lower 48
- Grayland/Westport sandy beaches & Pacific Ocean access
- Historic Tokeland Hotel & Restaurant; Shoalwater Bay Casino; North Cove Bar & Grill; Tradewinds on the Bay Motel & Event Center; The Bayside Gallery; The Pomegranate… & many more!
- Nelson Crab (fresh & canned seafood, gifts, shirts, hats, art)
- Cranberry Road Winery & Restaurant; Westport Winery & Restaurant; Blackbeard’s Brewing Co. & Restaurant
- Cranberry Festival – enter your favorite cranberry recipe (Grayland)
- Driftwood Show – enter your favorite beach find or design (Grayland)
- Wood Fest – watch chainsaw carvers, sell your designs, or buy gorgeous handmade items (Tokeland)
- 4th of July Parade – w/ old fashioned classic American feeling
- Kite flying contest, beach combing events, art shows & fishing derby
- Explore North River float shacks while fishing, just minutes away by boat
- 20 minutes to Raymond or Westport airports; or come by seaplane/helicopter
- Great local medical & dental locations
With sprawling spaces inside and out, and accommodated by 4 different sleeping units (each with their own private bathroom) this property lends itself well to getaways between shared groups.
- Corporate/Vacation Retreat
- Bed & Breakfast Business
- Air BnB/VRBO Rental
- Timeshare purchase between multiple owners